Register  /   My Profile High School   /   College   /   Professional
   Who's On Right Now: Silent Stalkers: 2945 | Cool Members: 0
Home > All Categories > High School Sports > Idaho > Idaho High School Wrestling

Rankwrestler has some info up
Reply   New Topic   show replies:   viewing threshhold:

Leverage

Total Posts: 167

Rankwrestler has some info up  10/3/2017 6:41:49 AM score: 0    hide

I know it is early. But we are all thinking about it. Basically it just pulled out the seniors in each weight. There are no adjustments for growth of the wrestlers. But it is a start.

I don't think it has the whole picture at all. But it is a start. I like the early season guess work. It is fun to imagine how it will all fit together.

I liked a lot of the number 1's at 3A. And I think most of the kids will move up one weight as a trickle effect. But I didn't like a lot of the 2-4 as I think more kids will go up or down depending on the number one ranked guy. Guess we will need to start ranking kids ourselves at weights were we think they will land.

Trickle effect: Call moves to 138 Boone to 145 Balmforth 152 just based on growth. Which moves Camacho but is Cervantes going to be there to be bumped? I don't know. or Hobbs to 182 Fagen to 195 based on growth. or Summers because of growth to 113 moves Stacey to either 106 or 120. He was a small 113 last year. Honestly, I have no idea where these kids are after another summer of growth. But I will start looking into it. Put it out there if you know better. Just leaking hot air right now. Excited for it to start.

HiHo

Total Posts: 8

Re: Rankwrestler has some info up  10/4/2017 5:32:29 PM score: 0    hide

Early for sure but you have to start someplace. Last year had Hobbs 170 and Copley 285 bust things open. Both very impressive to see freshmen competitive at weights over 113. Both as they mature I see a huge upside. Copley especially is raw but shows excellent footwork, hand fighting and patience for a big man. Who are the young gun freshmen to watch for?

Leverage

Freshman  10/4/2017 10:02:29 PM score: 0    hide

Hobbs was impressive and should only get bigger and stronger and better. I look for him to repeat.

Copley from what I heard was really light last year for a 285. I am not sure he catches up to McGinnis as he is one of the best Heavys I have seen in a long time. But if Copely can grow he many have a better chance. Two excellent young Heavy's sharing the podium for a lot of years.

As far as new impact freshman in 3A I am not sure of any except maybe the small younger Stacey from Shelley. He was very small last year. I wonder if he will be underweight at 98. But he is super tough.

The bigger weights for incoming impact freshman I am not sure. Let us know what you are seeing in your areas.

HiHo

Total Posts: 8

Re: Rankwrestler has some info up  10/6/2017 6:39:32 PM score: 0    hide

I think Teton has another Cooke kid coming in. He has been solid in middle school. Little Stacey should be tough I am assuming he will be at Shelley. With Mountain Home in 3A it will stir some things up. The lost a big portion of their fire power from a year ago but still at 950 students should have a full squad. South has a great feeder program in Upper Valley Aces. I see SF making a move.

Borah alum

Total Posts: 12

Re: Rankwrestler has some info up  10/9/2017 10:21:52 AM score: 0    hide

IHSAA responded to an appeal brought by 3A superintendents, board voted 13-2 to keep MH in the 4A classification. October 5th.

Borah alum

Total Posts: 12

Re: Rankwrestler has some info up  10/9/2017 10:23:37 AM score: 0    hide

The classification change wouldn't have taken effect until 2018/2019

Leverage

Update on MOHO...  10/9/2017 4:50:05 PM score: 0    hide

UPDATE: MHHS Athletic Classification The Idaho High School Activities Association (IHSAA) has taken the reclassification vote from September back to their Board of Directors for reconsideration after receiving input from the 3A schools impacted by the vote. At today’s vote the IHSAA Board voted 13-2 to keep Mountain Home in the 4A classification for the 2018-2019, 2019-2020 classification cycle. We will continue to pursue opportunities that give our students equity of competition with their peers. We are in the process of looking at the Impact to our students and programs should we possibly pursue a move to the Great Basin Conference which is also a 4A conference. This conference includes Twin Falls High School, Jerome High School, Canyon View High School, Wood River High School, Minico High School and Burley High School. If you have any questions or input please do not hesitate to email me at gilbert_jg@mtnhomesd.oirg or call me at (208)587-2580. Respectfully, James Gilbert Superintendent Mountain Home School District #193

http://mhhs.mtnhomesd.org

nukeplanr

Total Posts: 16

Re: Rankwrestler has some info up  10/12/2017 4:47:26 PM score: 0    hide

so the 3A schools cryed because MH would come in and tear them up....what happened to 3A competing with anyone in the big schools?

Hanta_Yo

Total Posts: 2

Re: Re: Rankwrestler has some info up  10/17/2017 3:49:29 PM score: 0    hide

Top 2A & 3A wrestlers compete with Top 4A & 5A Wrestlers all the time, but teamwise how can you ever argue that a school with +900 has an equal pool of athletes as a school with 350? It’s not the 3A schools fault that MT Home struggles in other sports. Honestly, it’s not a wrestling issue but more so a football issue where numbers are so important.

Lostfarmer2

Total Posts: 427

Re: Rankwrestler has some info up  10/17/2017 4:21:35 PM score: 0    hide

Last year MoHo would have given the 3A wrestling title chase.  But they lost a good class and will struggle once again.  They lost 9 of 15 state qualifiers to graduation. 

Reply   New Topic