Oh, look! It's almost football season!
1. Fruitland: The defending champs are that, until someone knocks them off. They do lose quite a bit of the core that lead them to back to back championships, but the cupboard isn't bare so to speak, and if the lines can gell, they could be a dangerous team come playoff time. They have a difficult schedule which should help as well. Fruitland will be looking to throw the ball more to points on the board, which should be interesting as well.
2. Homedale: Homedale had a successful campaign last year, going 7-3. They'd like to finally get over the hump and beat Fruitland, and with a good core returning, that could be a possibility.
3. Weiser: Weiser has been stuck in the doldrums for years with several mediocre teams. With a new coach who's probably forgotten more about football than most of us will ever know, I think there could be some improvement.
4. Parma: Parma has more or less struggled since moving up to 3A, and I don't see that changing.
5. Payette: If there is a program tha defines struggle, it's Payette. In the past 4 years, they have won just 4 games,and have a 15 game losing streak against 3A teams. In fact, the last time they produced a winning record was 2009, when the upcoming seniors where in 3rd grade